This congregation traces its history to 1892, when circuit riding minister R. M. Morris and 12 charter members organized the Lubbock Methodist Church. Early worship services were held in the schoolhouse and the Lubbock County Courthouse. In 1900 the Rev. T. W. Sharp became the city’s first resident Methodist pastor. The church’s first sanctuary, built in 1904, was destroyed by a 1917 fire. The congregation built larger structures over the years to accommodate its growing membership and programs, which include missionary activities and educational services.