1. The Cactus Theater is hosting their Second Annual New Year’s Eve Extravaganza. Guests will enjoy incredible Mexican food provided by Abuelo’s at 7 p.m. Music will fill the air beginning at 8 p.m., and you’ll ring in the New Year on New York time at 11 p.m. You’ll be home in time for that special New Year’s kiss at midnight! Tickets are $75. To purchase, call 806.762.3233.
2. There’s no better place to be on New Year’s Eve than the Overton Hotel & Conference Center! The Fourth Annual New Year’s Eve Party in the Sunset Ballroom includes a premium open bar, gourmet food and dessert stations, live entertainment by Element and a DJ to heat up the dance floor. At midnight, celebrate the New Year with a balloon drop and champagne toast. Tickets are $300 per couple. To purchase, call 806.776.7010.
3. Also located at the Overton Hotel & Conference Center is the Pecan Grill Restaurant and Lounge. If you’re in for a low-key evening, this is the perfect stop. Make your reservation today, and you’ll enjoy a four-course New Year’s Eve meal with your loved ones for the holiday. For reservations, call 806.776.7010.
4. If you’re in the mood for a little dancing and singing, head on over to Lubbock’s favorite country music venue, Wild West. Doors open at 8 p.m., and you’re guaranteed to have a great time dancing the night away into 2014. Also on the music scene, enjoy a night at Blue Light Live, where you’ll hear from the Hogg Maulies w/ Brandon Adams & the Sad Bastards starting at 9 p.m.
5. Speaking of a great meal, Lubbock’s local restaurants can be an ideal place to spend New Year’s Eve with your loved ones. Here are a few favorites to try:
Happy New Year from the Visit Lubbock Team!
By: Visit Lubbock Interns
By: Lindsey Hearn
By: Guest Blogger
By: Lacie Freelen