A weekend full of music and fun celebrating the one and only, Buddy Holly? Count me in! Join the Buddy Holly Center for Buddy’s 78th Birthday Bash on Saturday, Sept. 6 and Sunday, Sept. 7. Here’s how you can celebrate:
2013 Birthday Bash
Saturday, Sept. 6:
- “Jive” on over to the Poodle Skirt Workshop from 1 – 2:30 p.m. Kids will have a great time making their own poodle skirts and taking a step back into the 1950s! Cost is $15.
- For the boys in your family, the Hot Rod Workshop is the perfect creative outlet. From 1 – 2 p.m., they’ll get the chance to turn unfinished cars into the coolest hot rods around. Cost is $10.
Each of these workshops requires advanced registration. Please call the Buddy Holly Center at 806.775.3560 as soon as possible to register. Workshops are for kids age 8 and older, and kids age 7 and younger will require adult supervision.
- It’s Buddy’s actual birthday! The Buddy Holly Center will be open from 1 – 5 p.m. and offer FREE admission! If you haven’t had the chance to check out the Allison House, this is a must-do. The home will be open until 4:30 p.m.
A walk through the Allison House.
- Buddy’s Birthday Bash Reception will take place at the center at 1 p.m. Bring the family, and enjoy cupcakes and punch to celebrate Lubbock’s favorite son.
- From 1:30 – 3:30 p.m., jam out with Allison Firefly in the Meadows Courtyard. This rock ‘n’ roll band will put you in a musical mood in honor of Buddy.
While you’re at the Buddy Holly Center this weekend, don’t forget to check out a few exhibits. David Leake: Impressions of Musicians will be on display in the Foyer Gallery, and Art in Common will be on display in the Fine Arts Gallery.
It’s a musical and magical event perfect for the entire family. We’ll see you there to wish Buddy a happy birthday!