Spending long days at a business conference is hard on anyone, so we’ve put together a few ideas on how to decompress during your meeting time or celebrate when it’s over. Here are 5 ways to bring entertainment to your meetings in Lubbock.
1. Experience the magic of the Cactus Theater. Lubbock has produced a number of music legends such as Buddy Holly, Mac Davis and Richie McDonald – just to name few. Get a taste of Lubbock’s musical talent and book an evening of entertainment at the Cactus Theater. A Cactus show is unforgettable to say the least. Rent out the theater for a private party, or hire a few of the vocally talented Cactus singers to entertain attendees during a reception or evening event.
2. Surprise your business colleagues with some spirit — straight from Texas Tech University. That’s right, you can enjoy school spirit from the the Goin’ Band from Raiderland and Texas Tech’s cheerleaders. Just don’t forget to break for a photo-op with Raider Red!
3. Take your team back in time. With a specially catered chuck wagon meal, your attendees will bask in the taste of the simple life with a memorable, homemade meal complete with authentic cowboy poetry and storytelling.
4. Unwind with wine. If you’re looking to wow your group with sights (and tastes) for sore eyes, look no further than one of Lubbock’s five award-winning wineries. They each feature unique architecture, savory wines and private tours/tastings. Whether you pay a visit after meetings or bring a meeting to the winery, it’s sure to add some flavor to your next event.
5. Mechanical Bull–need we say more? Add some West Texas flair to your meeting and rent a mechanical bull. Trust us, this one is sure to be a hit so grab your boots and get your team ready for some friendly competition!
Ready to start planning? Visit our website for resources and tips, or just give us a call at 806.747.5232.
By: Visit Lubbock Interns
By: Katherine White
By: Courtney Killian
By: McKenna Dowdle