5, 4, 3, 2, 1…Happy New Year!
Written By Katherine White
Another year has come and gone right before our eyes! While, you might choose to celebrate from the comfort of your home, the possibilities for entertainment, food and dancing in the “Hub City” are abundant! Count down the year with us as we’ve selected the top five New Year’s Eve festivities taking place around the “Hub City.”
- Celebrate the New Year at the 4th Annual New Year’s Eve Party extravaganza hosted by the Overton Hotel & Conference Center. Attendees will enjoy a fusion of gourmet flavors accompanied with a premium open bar and a decadence selection of desserts. Live entertainment by the Kinky Wizards and West Texas DJs promises a lively night leading to Vegas-style gaming for a thrilling chance to win door prizes where the proceeds will go to Texas Boys Ranch. Tickets are $300 per couple. Reserve your tickets at Select-A-Seat.
- Travel back to the 1940s as you join Lubbock Moonlight Musicals for a New Year’s Eve celebration at the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center. Lubbock Moonlight Musicals’ Moonlight Ball: Revival of the Greats will feature an exquisite array of food, dancing and special appearances. Doors will open at 7 p.m. where you will be welcomed by a deluxe arrangement of buffet style hors d’oeuvres, followed by a rich selection of jazz tunes and a musical performance by Alan Shinn Orchestra. Conclude the night with a succulent dessert selection as you bring in the New Year with champagne. Purchase your tickets at Select-A-Seat, or call 806.770.2000.
- If you’re looking to celebrate the New Year while generating funds for a wonderful cause, be sure to spend your evening at the Denim & Diamonds New Year’s Eve Gala. Guests will be treated to a four-star buffet offering a prime rib carving station, among other favorites such as salmon and chicken. A live DJ will disperse a variation of music to meet the needs of all. The best part of the night will lead to a live and silent auction held to meet the needs of Frenship educators and their students in the classrooms. Tickets for this event are $75. To purchase tickets, contact The Frenship Foundation for Leadership at 806.866.9541.
- Dance off! Celebrate the Celebrate the biggest pop hits of the year at the Rockin’ New Year’s Eve Music Video Dance Party at Alamo Drafthouse! Starting at 10 p.m., you’ll be sure to get “Drunk in Love,” then you can “Shake It Off” with some “Uptown Funk” that makes you feel “Fancy” just like the “Cool Kids.” Don’t miss the big countdown at midnight to kick off the New Year! Visit the Alamo Drafthouse website for more info.
- On the dinner scene, come and satisfy your hunger at the Pecan Grill New Year’s Eve event at the Overton Hotel & Conference Center. A four-course dinner composed of your choice of appetizer, salad, main entrée and a heavenly dessert will make your New Year’s Eve evening one to remember. To book your reservation, call 806.776.7010.
For those looking for additional dinner options, enjoy Lubbock’s wide array of local restaurants. Here are a few must-try spots:
Happy New Year from the Visit Lubbock Team!